Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Music

I found that in Staten Island there are limited amounts of music that people listen to. Mostly everyone listens to Techno or House music. I feel like if you don’t like to listen to that sort of music people look like you like you’re from another world. Personally I don’t mind the Techno or House music but I also think that there is better music out there. I enjoy listing to music with different beats and words in them.
Every Techno song is a remake of a song that was made popular by another artist. I think that it’s stupid. Why can’t the people that do Techno make their own songs instead of using other peoples and passing them off as their own?
In Jersey we listen to a lot of different types of music. All my friends listen to different music from The Starting Line, Cute is what we aim for, Kenny Chesney, Bonjovi and many different assortments of artist. We all also like to go to different types of concerts. When I talk about a concert to people in Staten Island a lot of them have only gone to Beat Stock. Back home we go to concerts every chance we get.
I have nothing against Techno but I just like to listen to different types of music and I wish I could find some people that liked to listen to the same thing instead of walking around doing the Staten Island fist pump and Raving.

No comments: